Veteran California commercial collections law firm helps you receive what you are owed
Handling collection cases since 2001
Laborde & Daugherty is trusted by clients across California to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. Since 2001, our firm has provided our clients with legal advice and litigation services. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients collect the debts owed to them. Our clients include: food and beverage distributors, banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, and consulting firms.
Santa Barbara attorneys committed to providing results
Laborde & Daugherty can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Breach of contract actions
- Enforcement of judgments
We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, we make sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — Our attorneys send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. The demand letter will clearly set forth the course of action.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we commence the litigation process by filing a lawsuit. Once the lawsuit is filed, our attorneys move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment enforcement / collection — After a judgment is obtained against your debtor, we will aggressively enforce the judgment in accordance with all available and appropriate enforcement/collection remedies. These would include levying on bank accounts, placing keepers at the debtor’s business to collect money, creating liens on real property and personal property, wage garnishments, assignment orders, and where appropriate, conducting examinations of the debtor’s financial condition.
Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call our Santa Barbara, California law offices today at 805-963-4567or 800-485-7329 or contact us online to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe. We also offer free 30-minute consultations at our office.